History of Christus Ev. Lutheran Church
1889--St. John's of Whitewater, WI granted permission for Pastor H. Ode to hold services in Richmond Township three times a year.
1891--Christus congregations was organized on January 29, 1891 with 18 founding fathers. A church was built at the cost of $500 on land owned by Fred Dahnert. The church building was dedicated on April 19, 1891.
1902--The congregation joined the Wisconsin Ev. Lutheran Synod. Services were conducted bi-weekly in German.
1923--Services were held weekly. German services were phased out in the 1940’s with the last service held in 1948.
1972--Christus congregation called their first full-time pastor, Rev. Albert Winter.
1976--Purchased land and built a parsonage which was dedicated on May 15, 1977.
1978--Members built a new church and fellowship hall beside the parsonage. The new facilities were dedicated on August 5, 1979.
1988--An office addition was built.
1998--Worship services were aired on Cable TV Channel 13 in Whitewater.
1999--Members built a second Fellowship Hall, Teen Bible Classroom and storage/workroom. The addition was dedicated on May 7, 2000.
2002--The congregation moved into the electronic age with email and a website.